BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

BACK TROUBLE AND...WE GOT A PUPPY

Well, I had to take my husband to the ER Monday morning after he woke up and couldn't walk! It is not like Donnie to complain of pain-he has such a high tolerance. However, he could hardly get dressed or as I said, walk. I called in for him...which is definitely something that doesn't happen and took him to the ER. I was afraid it was a kidney stone, as he had some flank pain on the left side that had been bothering him off and on for about a week and since he works in the heat and has been getting dehydrated...i thought maybe a kidney stone. I also wondered about sciatic nerve problem. Anyway, it was kind of confirmed in my mind to be sciatic nerve when he said he was numb all the way down his leg, thus not being able to walk. We got to the ER and found out after a few minutes that yes, his sciatic nerve was severely inflamed! He was given steroids and pain meds and sent home to rest, ice and stretch. I got to take care of him all day(happily when he was sleeping, cause the rest of the time he was complaining about missing work and feeling guilty for it). Who else agrees that men are not the best patients!! Can I get an Amen?! Anyway, he was better after taking the pain meds and sleeping and was even off again Tuesday due to still being real sore and not really thinking he could get around his warehouse very well. Hopefully he will get better and better and be back doing his old stuff again, only this time maybe he will SLOW DOWN!

Changing the subject just a bit--I got a dog! Yeah! We went to adoption at the Pet Cafe on Saturday but they only had medium to large dogs. They told us to go to the Animal Shelter on SE 29th and Bryant and we did. I actually found the smallest dog they had in the place. She is barely seven pounds grown. She is barely two years old and let's just say that place is so depressing. If you can give a dog a home, please go rescue one! She was in the BIG DOG side of the shelter where they were all yelling and barking and crying and she was shaking like everything! I just couldn't stand it. Anyway, I got her card and told Donnie she was the one. She was $25 and had just been spayed the day before and updated on all her shots. She is absolutely a mama's girl and the sweetest lap dog ever! I think Bear likes her just a bit too. Course, he thinks she is a play toy. We are teaching him to be a good big brother. We think she is a maltese but she has a terrier face so we are not sure what she is. Her name is Millie and she is right at home with us. I get to give her a bath tonight--she looks so bad I said if she was a boy I would have named her Scruffy :). It is awful too, she has a girl symbol and a number painted on her tummy for identification and for spading. I think that is horrible--like a concentration camp my husband says. BUT, it's all smooth sailing from here on out with Millie and her new home---Our family is almost complete.....

0 comments: