BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 24, 2008

HAND SURGERY--IT'S SET

Well, it's official...August 21st I get to have this mole on my hand removed. It is under the skin but Dr. Gelnar said, it is a mole, not a freckle! It is also a precursor for melanoma--YEAH, just what I wanted to hear. So, we will take it out. I just pray it will turn out benign since I have had it for six years now! I am a little concerned about the removal process...it is right by a vein in the palm of my hand and right where my pen rests when I write! I am glad I am not typing full-time anymore...that would stink!

Oh well, we get these things taken care of and we move on,right?! My husband was real sweet, though(he thinks he needs to take off work that day). I told him there was no need but he says, "we'll see." That means in his mind, "i am taking off and there is nothing you can do about it." He has my best interests at heart, I know and just wants to make sure I am okay. The worst part will be getting the local anesthetic injected into my hand. I am glad I am not scared of needles but I don't like pain either. Although, I must say that after my gallbladder surgery, I thought I would be a major wimp and I wasn't. I was in pain and I expressed it but I didn't take any pain medication...just the anti-inflammatory, which does count as a 'pain' med and I did real well. Will be a piece of cake...UMMM, cake sounds good right about now.

1 comments:

Audrey said...

Hey, found your blog through your FB account. I'll have to keep up with you here! Best of luck with your hand surgery. Doesn't sound fun!