BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 7, 2010

MY FIRST MOTHER'S DAY

Well, I had my first "official" Mother's Day!  Last year Donnie made it real special for me because he got me a card from Will and made it very special for me. 

The saturday before Mother's Day, mom and I went to our first auction. They were auctioning off a house and all.  It was really neat.  Mom had gotten an invitation from the owner of the house b/c she had bought some marmalade dishes from the women via E-bay and the woman had TONS, literally TONS of marmalade stuff that was being auctioned off.  Let's say mom made out like a bandit!  She got all the pieces she had always wanted to add to her collection and all for mostly $2 a piece!!!  She was so excited. 

I also made out well as in my son bought me my first mother's day gift :)...with Mamie's help of course.  He got me a cookie jar that is a ceramic pig with a corn cob on his back.   It is precious and since I collect pigs it was perfect.  Of course, since it's a cookie jar, Donnie will insist that I keep it full of cookies if it is going to sit on our island in the kitchen!!  I've been pretty good at managing to do that, although they might be just oreos in the jar and not homemade cookies....but he eats them just the same.

The actual Mother's Day was kind of a bummer for me.  Not because of anything my husband did but I wasn't feeling well.  We had commited to go to church with mom that morning and my stomach was really bothering me.  Those that know me know that I don't get sick very often at all.  Feeling like I was going to vomit, though, made me not want to go out and eat.  We made it to church for a good service and then Donnie took me to Jason's Deli to have some soup.  I felt a bit better after eating but was so very tired so my mother's day present that day was a nice nap in the afternoon. 

I got to go and pick out one of my favorite summertime perfumes, Clinique Happy.  That makes me Happy :) and smell good too!

I didn't even get a picture of me and my little angel baby on that day....we will have to make up for it next year for sure!

0 comments: